Monday, September 8, 2014

"Too Busy?" by Stacey Wooddell Imbimbo

Too Busy?
"...all our busy rushing ends in nothing." Psalm 39:6
"Whenever you say yes to something, there is less of you for something else. Make sure your yes is worth the less."
My friend Ashley shared this scripture and statement on her facebook wall this week and it has resonated in my mind.
I am such a yes person.
I have a hard time saying no.
Since becoming a wife and a mom, my time with my family has become my priority.
Yet, at the same time I find myself wanting to say yes to other opportunities that come my way; mom groups, bible studies, playdates or girls night out.
Now, there is nothing wrong with these groups, and I have been able to become a part of some at one time or another.
But, I have to ask myself, is my yes worth it?
Am I choosing to spend my time wisely?
As women we long for a sense of community and there are so many opportunities to get involved with other wives and moms.  There is a need for that time of encouragement and fellowship.  But are we too involved or too busy?
I am still in those little years, all my kiddos are under 5.  There will be a time when they are older, and when I will be able to become more involved with other activities.  But until that time, I want to try to be the best for my husband and my kids.
Sometimes I have to say no.
So as you are contemplating on getting more involved, or adding more to your plate, pray, and ask if your yes is worth the less of you for something else.
God has given us these children, and our time with them is short.
Make sure your YES is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment