Friday, August 22, 2014

What constitutes a Great Dad?

   
Google Image
     O.K. don’t judge me!  Really the guys were talking so loud I couldn’t help but overhear their conversation.  The comment and question I heard was, “You do this “Dad thing” well.  How do you do it?”
         You will be proud to know, I didn’t wait for the answer, I continued on with my business and walked away.  I didn’t stick around to “accidentally” hear the answer. I felt optimistic about the answer.
         If anyone were to ask me the essence of what makes a great father, my response would be, “A Great Dad is one who loves his wife!”  Sounds like a nice topic for a post in a moms blog, right?
         I’ve really pondered my justification for a “Great dad.” As I considered my response I thought of my Dad and how I recognized early on in my development, he loves my mom. Knowing this gave me the confidence in their relationship, which gave me my personal security.
         My husband too is one I would consider a “great dad.”  Yes, for a lot of reasons, but it boils down to he loves me, his wife.
         Again, so why are we reading about what makes a man a great dad in a moms blog?  Well, I think we can contribute to making our spouses love for us a little easier.  I need to consider what is it I can do to help Greg love me?
         The Bible encourages me not to be a “constant dripping.”  It also tells me to “manage” the home, and to love my husband.  I know those things that are important to Greg and you know what your husband would be blessed by from you.

         This week lets be intentional to make ourselves more attractive for our husbands.  Lets be sure to speak his love language.  Lets help our husbands be the best dads by being lovable wives.
Proverbs 27: 15
"A quarrelsome wife is as annoying as constant dripping on a rainy day."

Titus 2: 4, 5
"so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands,
to love their children.
to be sensible,
pure,
workers at home,
kind,
being subject to their own husbands,
so that the word of God will not be dishonored."

1 comment:

  1. Love those verses in Titus!! Thanks for the encouragement Joannie.

    ReplyDelete