Sunday, August 24, 2014

"Celebrate Good Times ...Come On!!!" By Stacey Wooddell Imbimbo

Celebrate Good Times….Come On!!!

Who doesn’t like a party?
My kids love their birthday parties, and they actually get equally excited about someone else’s birthday party.
Celebrating is fun, happy, and joyful.
Isn’t that what we desire to be as moms?
 Before you were a mom didn’t you want to be that happy, smile on your face, full of joy and positive words flowing outta your mouth kinda mom.  
I DID!

And I still do want to be that person. At least, I strive to be that mom.
Unfortunately, I catch myself getting caught up in the tasks at hand.  Making sure the laundry is done, house is clean, and the dishes are put away.  
Sure, I’ll play a good game of candy land with my kiddos. Pretend to eat their food they made in their kitchen.  Help build a tall tower with duplo blocks.  
But, do I celebrate them?
Not just on their birthdays, but every day.
I want to celebrate my children.
They were fearfully and wonderfully made!  I want to celebrate with them their unique qualities given to them by their heavenly Father.  
It’s probably not going to be a full-fledged party….but a nice note, cuddle time,  an encouraging word, their favorite snack, or a balloon from the dollar store ( this is a winner for mine), will be a small celebration letting them know we think they are SPECIAL!!!

So COME ON…..let’s all choose to find that special moment each day with each child and celebrate them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment