Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Eager to get there

Last Monday Matthew started his first day of VPK (Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten).  I was unsure about how Matthew really felt about going to school but in an instant all of my insecurities vanished and turned to confidence when I heard Matthew’s eagerness to get to his school.  
They sought God eagerly, and he was found by them. So the LORD gave them rest on every side. 2 Chronicles 15:15

Even though we live about seven minutes away from his school, I didn’t take into account the well-planned-out times of school zoning around here.  Since we were super early I stopped into a shopping center to “waste” a couple of minutes.  I got out my Bible and read the kids a verse or two then from the backseat I heard, “Mommy, can we go to my school now?”  My nerves were put at ease, my prayer answered and our journey to the school resumed.  
And he said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer.  Luke 22:15

Are we eager to get there?  I mean to heaven.  Heaven is a real place and it’s SO AWESOME!  I’ve been reading a book* lately on the subject of heaven and it has really opened my eyes to how much Scripture tells us about our eternal home.  Am I eager to share what I’ve learned with others?  Are you?  Just like the well-planned-out school zoning times, God has perfectly planned out the time when we will “enter in” and enjoy eternity.  
For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed.  Romans 8:19

Another quick note:  Each day when I pick up Matthew from school I ask him what he learned (he is only there three hours.) A few times he says he didn’t remember what he learned or what they did!  WHAT!? Can’t remember?  Then it hit me, wow, how many times do we go to church and then almost immediately forget what we just learned?  
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.  Acts 17:11

*Book: Heaven by Randy Alcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment