Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Friend Sharpens a Friend

"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." -Proverbs‬ ‭27‬:‭17‬ NLT

Yesterday, while my husband was out of town, I was blessed to be invited to a dinner play date with another family. My sweet friend ordered pizza and allowed my kids to destroy her house :) and have fun with her kids. 

As we sat and shared about life she was able to challenge me as a mom. She has an older child with whom she walked a similar path like I am on with my challenging one. She reminded me of truth and did it in love. I walked away thinking about the type of mom I am, and desiring to live out the change we talked of. 

Sometimes it is hard to hear words that challenge our parenting, but  the Lord loves us too much to keep us the same. I am so grateful God gives us friends who speak the truth in love - as hard as it is- because sanctification is a continual process until we arrive at eternity.

Do you have someone in your life willing to have those hard, but necessary, life changing conversations with?

If not...pray for one! They are priceless!

2 comments: