Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"Motherhood: It Doesn’t Last Forever" by Stacey Wooddell Imbimbo

Motherhood: It Doesn’t Last Forever

Motherhood.
It was so much my heart. I wanted desperately to be a Wife and a Mom. I thought nothing else really compared.
 God decided that at the age of 31, I would meet my love.  Soon after we married we began having children.
I have three.
Once you have kids you also start hanging out with other moms.  There is sometimes pressure and comparisons that happen in these mom circles.  
I think as moms, we need to figure out what really matters.
Is there a perfect ideal scenario to guarantee our kids turn out perfect?  
NO
This job is not for long.  It is so important. Yet, as we hear so often.  The time goes by so fast.
So….what really matters?
I don’t want to major in the minors.
I want to show my kids Jesus.
I want them to really love Him. Feel passionately about Him.  Know such HOPE is in the gospel.  
I want to show them the ONE who they will follow for life.
I want it to be so real for them. If He has their heart, He will have their life as well.
We are raising disciples.
If God reigns over my kids, I don’t have to worry about anything else.

Deuteronomy 6:6-7 …”And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up”

No comments:

Post a Comment