Monday, August 18, 2014

Pray for It

 The Lord directs the steps of the Godly. 
He delights in every detail of their lives. 
- Psalm 37:23

Last night as I laid in bed tucking in my middle son, my oldest meandered in to ask if he could play a quick game on my phone. He had been tucked into bed just minutes earlier and knew it was a slim chance but asked anyway. For some reason my heart felt the nudge to agree and say yes.
Note: Please be sure to have safeguards in place with firewalls, with the internet, in order to shield your children as they play with your smart phones. Many crazy images are on the internet and we need to protect our little ones from looking upon anything that is vile (Psalm 101:3). 

As my oldest walked away he whispered, "I guess my prayer worked." I was blessed and humbled all in a single moment. He thought to pray over something that in his mind he knew was near impossible. But he had faith, as small as a mustard seed (Luke 17:6), that there was a very small chance I might say yes and he prayed for it. And God answered him! Strengthening his faith and reminding him that prayer works!

I thought to myself about those little things that seem so insignificant to others, but are huge in my life, that I would like to see God move with. HE cares about those things and wants to commune with me as I share them in prayer. 

Everyday there is a myriad of decisions as a mom we must make. Some seem small in importance, but if I bring even those small things before Him they can have huge changes involved...for the good. For my good. God is a good parent, who loves to see us thriving and seeking Him for answers. Just as my son asked a question that seemed the answer was almost a given "no," he still sought me out with small faith hoping to see big change.

What do you need to bring before God in prayer today?

Jesus loves you and wants the best for your life. 

Being a mom is an amazing gift, with tons of decisions daily being made. Come before Him for wisdom and direction on even those things that seem obvious. HE might just surprise you with an answer you didn't see coming!


1 comment:

  1. It is good to say "yes" when you can ... as mom's we are forced to say "no" a lot.

    ReplyDelete