Sunday, March 11, 2012

"What's in your Purse?" by Guest Blogger Patrice


Have you noticed how heavy your purse is lately?
I actually have to switch shoulders to alleviate the pain.  If we're not careful, it becomes a mobile catchall for just about anything. The bigger the bag, the more we toss in. Well I finally decided to investigate what was in there, that was weighing me down, and whether it was worthy to be  carried.

During this process, I asked myself if I have been this negligent and careless as the doorkeeper of my heart . Becoming desensitized by the shallow ways of this world. Preoccupied by things that have little or no substance.  These enticing little delicacies only add unneeded weight. These things that are tossed at me need to be screened through God's Word. I need not shortchange myself or settle for less than my Savior's best for me. So Moms, open those eyes and perk up those ears as you discern what your heavenly Father desires for you. Good things which produce fruit, not nonsense.

Screen your time through this scripture:

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good  report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.
Phil. 4:8

P.S.  I'm going to do some serious screening and downsize to a clutch! :-)

2 comments:

  1. So true! Time for me to downsize to a clutch also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Patrice! You are so right! Sometimes we let so much junk in. We all need to take inventory of what is in hearts--what we are putting in there and what we are allowing to make a home there.

    ReplyDelete