Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cast Your Cares

What are your cares today? Are you anxious about something? Worried that you'll make a wrong decision? This past week I've been anxious to figure out schooling for Cooper this fall. And it has gotten to a point where I can't focus on much else. I hope the following will help you as it has encouraged me to keep seeking Him in all our decisions.

An exerpt from When I'm Praising God by Anita Corrine Donihue:

You have quickened my spirit once again, Lord. Thank You for keeping me alert and helping me watch and pray.

Repeatedly, I hear You come to me, warning, Don't stop praying.

Thank You for helping me cast all my cares on You, for watching over me. As I pray, You assure me of my salvation and how You have forgiven my sins. As I focus on You, Lord, You help me think clearly and assure me You have control over what lies ahead, not only for me but for my loved ones as well. Satan prowls about like a wild, hungry animal, seeking whom he can destroy. But when I pray, You stand before me, my Defender and Shield.

Thank You for your guidance. Thank You for comfort when I'm tempted to worry. You are my dearest friend. You care about me with an understanding love. You listen to me pour out my concerns and joys. I treasure Your answers when they come.

While I watch and pray, the cares of life roll off my shoulders and I feel an indescribable peace--a peace that comes from You.

I lift my praise to You, Lord. My thoughts focus on You. You, my Lord, dwell within me and I in You.

Now, as I go about my duties, I will continue to pray. I don't say "amen" for good-bye, but "amen" for so be it. With You, my precious Lord, our conversation goes on day and night.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which trascends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 4:6-7 (NIV)

2 comments:

  1. This absolutely was used to confirm what the Lord has been placing on my heart for some time now- keep the faith, don't lose hope, and don't stop praying! Thank you so much, Tracey!

    ReplyDelete