Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Grace & Understanding

Friday mornings have become playdate mornings for us because of one mom's cause to unite women and their kiddos for a time of fun and fellowship. Thanks, Kate. Anyone and everyone is invited to join in. There is no pressure to be there everytime, but anytime you can make you're welcome by some of the sweetest girls you'll ever meet.

I was reminded of this, again, last week Friday. I had my parents in town for the previous two Fridays, so I hadn't been able to join in as usual. And on my way to the park where everyone was meeting, I had some hesitation. A little insecurity was creeping in about not seeing these girls for the last few weeks. Had they all been meeting while I was busy? If so, what did I miss? I was feeling out of the loop.

After a few minutes of talking with some of the other moms there, I realized my worries were in vain. One friend, in particular, set my heart at ease while she shared that her family had just been sick and she, too, was feeling a bit disconnected. She didn't know it, but just sharing her heart and being open about the struggle of being with sick kiddos for the last week gave me new perspective. One that I think we should all take to heart. That even at our best, we will never be able to catch every phone call, return every phone call, meet every friend or attend every playdate. But if we allow ourselves to be honest with each other (like this friend did) we assure each other that this is normal in the life of a mom.

As I left the park, I thanked God for friends...especially those that give us the grace and understanding we need in this mommy season of life. What a breath of fresh air! I pray that I am this to other moms, as well.

God,
Thank you for friends, for sisters, for moms who give us the support we need and the understanding we crave in this season of life. It is through relationships like these that we more fully understand the grace that you give us. I pray for all the moms on here that they may feel the love of Christ through other women and that we all might be able to give it away this week.
In Your Name,
Amen.

1 comment: