Saturday, March 31, 2012

Worth It

This past week my husband and I ventured out to a discipleship conference in Pawleys Island, SC. It was a much-needed and amazingly refreshing time. We stayed on the beach and enjoyed just being a couple. God was continually speaking and we were listening as He gave direction for the next steps in ministry for our family.  I had no idea the revelation that the Lord was going to throw my way.

As each speaker finished we were challenged, in small groups, to share how the Lord spoke to us personally through the message. As we went around the circle and everyone began to share I really thought I knew my "AHA" moment. My heart strings were tugged on as the message spoke on inviting others into our life and opening wide the doors of our home to build up and send out disciples. Or so I thought. Our insightful and wise leader prodded me to share.

The Holy Spirit used her to explain that my main issue wasn't opening up my home, with fear of my children running wild, but that it was fear of man and what his thoughts were of me as my children were running wild! I have struggled with this for a while and am SO thankful the Lord brought it to my attention through this exercise.

My leader, Elizabeth, encouraged me that my worth or value doesn't come from my position or identity as a mom but to acknowledge and rest in how HE sees me. That even in the struggle, the Father sees me through the lens of His son Jesus. I wept, in our small group, as I realized I was allowing others opinions of me to form how I thought God saw me too. This fear was stifling the ministry I could be doing in our home as we could be inviting others over. What a lie Satan places in the mind of moms. It is so freeing to find my worth and identity in how my creator, Father, and friend sees me.

Do you struggle with that too? Ask someone to pray for you and your situation.

God loves you and wants you to be set free from the fear of others and start relying on His word for reassurance :)He loves you and is well-pleased because Jesus in living within you..


 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”-Luke 3:21-22

No comments:

Post a Comment