Thursday, March 15, 2012

Women of Strength

“The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord.” Psalm 45:11

I was recently blessed with a vacation where I got to leave my kids at home and just hang out with a group of friends for a few days. There were late nights, lots of food, sleeping in, great quiet times with the Lord, and sunshine at the beach. It was GREAT and very much needed.

What I most enjoyed about this vacation was the time with friends. But these were not just any friends; they were friends who are as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside. They are the kind of women that you know God looks down on and just smiles.

“God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.” Psalm 46:5

They are women of strength. They are not the strong, independent, “I can do it all” women of the world…though I am sure there is a couple that could do it all. They are women full of the Holy Spirit who depend upon their God for their strength. They know that in their weakness God is made strong. They are the kind of women that when you are around them you want to be better. They are a blessing.

“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17

“I’m telling you, I not only want God’s presence in me; I want His presence on me. There’s a difference, you know. I want more than realizing He is merely in me; I want my life to be a living witness and window to His grace and glory – without even saying a word. I want people to sense the peace of God when I walk into a room. When they enter my home, I want them to be immediately aware that this is a place where God hangs out. When you and I just roll with His plans for us, we can expect to be the simple instrument His Spirit uses to do all kinds of marvelous things, including drawing others to Himself.”
(Priscilla Shirer – Life Interrupted)

No comments:

Post a Comment