Tuesday, June 24, 2014

URGENT vs. IMPORTANT

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a midst that appears for a little while and then vanishes. - James 4:14

It is easy, as a mom of three, to get caught up with the "urgent" and miss the "important." My days are  crazy busy with to-do lists and never ending errands.  Many times things on my "list"  must remain there until the next day due to the fact that there are only 24 hours in a day. 

But today was different. I stopped everything and just had FUN! Yep, I took the afternoon off from my "urgent" and allowed myself to enjoy the "important" - watching my seven year old finally jump off the community diving board. He struggled all last summer climbing to the end of the board and then slowly backing up and down the ladder. All the life guards gave great advice but he just wasn't ready. 

So today, after three attempts, we prayed together and I was a proud Mama watching him soar off the board with a big splash. It was my "important." A special moment with my son, and I am so glad I could be a part of it. I took pictures and sent them to my husband and posted to Facebook too! 



Do you tend to get caught up in the "urgent" and miss the "important?"

What change need to take place, in your schedule, so you can enjoy those special moments with your kids this summer?

Think of one thing your child has done, in which you are proud of, and share it with them.

Praise God for those moments, you cherish, as you do life with your kids.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this! Those are the priceless moments we can so easily miss doing the so called "urgent" stuff! Glad you got to see that jump and share it. Way to go LJ! xo

    ReplyDelete