Saturday, June 28, 2014

TRIALS are a COMPLIMENT to my CHARACTER

If your eyes are on the storm
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will
And not a tear is wasted
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands
 -Just Be Held by Casting Crowns

A friend recently challenged me to embrace the life God entrusted me with. From trial to joy, tears to triumph, accept my call and seek to please Him. She reminded me, in the Bible, that Job's trials were a compliment to his character. God used the trials in his life to chisel away the crazy and... amazing character is what remained. Since having that conversation, God has whispered a few points of wisdom to me:

1. God entrusted this life to me.
From beginning to end. Being a pastor's wife. Being a mom of a special needs child. Being a mom of a child born with a birth defect. Being a stay-at-home wife living on a restricted budget (for a season). Being a girl who has amazing girlfriends! Being someone HE plucked out of my home land to go and start something new afar. Being a Christian who seeks to make a difference even though sometimes I don't see the fruit right away.

2. God wants me to embrace what's been entrusted to me.
This was eye opening to me. I have accepted my call in life, but was never challenged to embrace it.  Embrace it. Really embrace it. That's where I am at. I want to see the twisty road I'm on as an adventure instead of a detour. Embrace it. It's all in our perspective.

 EMBRACE - verb 
 to accept or support (a belief, theory, or change) willingly and enthusiastically.

Well I know that up until now I have NOT enthusiastically embraced the trials and the painful parts of my life. They make up who I am, but I never looked at them with enthusiasm. Until now. I want to look at my challenges and trials, as a mom, with new lenses. With renewed vision. With hope and excitement of what HE will do with my "ashes"  and the beauty HE plans to paint with it.

3. God is painting beauty from the ashes.
The story isn't over. My life isn't through. He is making something beautiful out of the crazy in my life. I may not see it. I may not understand it, but I trust Him. He has bigger plans than what my eyes can see. As I embrace this life he has entrusted me with...truth promises:
 
The end of a matter is better than its beginning -
Ecclesiastes 7:8


 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. - Philippians 1:6

Though your beginning was insignificant, Yet your end will increase greatly. - Job 8:7
Though your beginning was insignificant, Yet your end will increase greatly. - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Beginning-And-End#sthash.bKfX1zkZ.dpuf
Though your beginning was insignificant, Yet your end will increase greatly. - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Beginning-And-End#sthash.bKfX1zkZ.dpuf
Though your beginning was insignificant, Yet your end will increase greatly. - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Beginning-And-End#sthash.bKfX1zkZ.dpuf
Though your beginning was insignificant, Yet your end will increase greatly. - See more at: http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Beginning-And-End#sthash.bKfX1zkZ.dpuf

Trials are a compliment to my character. It chisels. It encourages. It reminds me that HE's not finished with me yet. He can take something broken and make it beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment