Monday, June 16, 2014

Life is Hard

Many, Lord my God, 
are the wonders you have done, 
the things you planned for us.
 None can compare with you;
 were I to speak and tell of your deeds, 
they would be too many to declare. 
- Psalm 40:5

Life is busy. Life is hard. Life is complicated. Life is overwhelming...until I bring my crazy before the One who calms storms. As I look at the crazy in my life, I must also look at the "calm" as well. Those things that bless my life and make it much sweeter. I  must find my focus there...on those "wonders" the Lord has done.

Praise Him for the "wonders" in your life. Allow those blessings from Jesus be where your mind rests and resides. Cultivating an attitude of praise effects our outlook and interactions with others. What can you praise Him for today?

“God is most glorified in us 
when we are most satisfied in Him” 

“What you are is God's gift to you, what you become is your gift to God.” 
― Hans Urs von BalthasarPrayer

“Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them.”
― Elisabeth ElliotA Chance to Die

“We never grow closer to God when we just live life. It takes deliberate pursuit and attentiveness.” 
― Francis ChanCrazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God

No comments:

Post a Comment