Sunday, April 6, 2014

PERSPECTIVE

PSALM 27:4
The one thing I ask of the Lord, The thing I seek most is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in His Temple.

The Lord's house, The church, what a beautiful picture of grace, mercy, and love it can be! But if our perspective is skewed the picture can be more of a mess then the  masterpiece it was made to be. It may look like many people gathered together in one place to praise and worship our savior and do the works of His hand. Or it could be a picture of many hypocrites gathered to discuss the wrong doings of others. What is your perspective?

PSALM27:11
Teach me how to live Oh Lord. Lead me along the right path for my enemies are waiting for me.

While at a foster family picnic the other day I was surrounded by hundreds of kids and their new families. As I gazed around the array of different colors and ages my mind traveled to all of the heart ache each one of these children should not have had to endure. I began to tear thinking about the pain of each child, that is until the Holy Spirit knocked on my heart. I this I began to see a different picture, a beautiful one, of a church family and community coming together to love a care for children not born of them. I saw one big family of believers being the hands and feet of God! It was a beautiful picture!!

How about you? Do you have a heart of judgment or are you letting the Holy Spirit lead your heart and thoughts? I would encourage you pray about your perspective and give people the same grace, love, forgiveness, and mercy our Savior has extended to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment