Monday, April 28, 2014

Laughter Heals


A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. - Proverbs 17:22

I have blogged many days telling of how hard my 2013 was. As I was driving in the car the other day I turned around to check on the kiddos and found my middle child laughing. The one, who has struggled adjusting to our move and acted out in anger many days...laughing. It was a moment I banked in my memory and recalled many times since. Laughing heals. Laughing feels good. It refreshes. It lifts our spirit when its been burdened. 

I need to laugh more. I need to look for ways to make others laugh. I am realizing how little I laugh and how much I want to change that. 

Look for ways to laugh. Give you children opportunities to laugh. Allow them the freedom to laugh at you too! Allow yourself the freedom to laugh much. It will change your outlook on life and cause you to not take it too seriously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment