Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My Foot Will Slip


Psalm 94: 18 – 19  "When I said, "My foot is slipping, your love, O Lord, supported me.  When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul."

As a friend posted this verse at the close of her email...I was encouraged. 
I love how Jesus knows the condition of my heart and allows scripture to highlight it.
Three truths stuck out to me as I read the verse above:

(1) My foot WILL slip 
As a mom it is so refreshing to know that I am not alone when I fall  & that others have too! The Lord knew I would need reminding of that so HE put it in the Word. Ladies remember that transparency births ministry. Sometimes we are afraid to share our struggles -in fear others will look at us differently. Truth is that when we allow our trial to strengthen another it is gives way to revival in our own heart. Don't allow pride to cause you to be quiet about where God has brought you. Share it with others.

(2) The Lord will SUPPORT me
If I bring my burdens before Jesus - He promises my load will be light. That He will carry the crazy for me. The Lord longs for us to seek Him out, in the slipping of our feet. Many times, as women, as moms, we take things into our own hands & forget to seek HIM out first. His Word can recharge you like no other. When you are "spent" and worn down - lay it all at His feet. There you will find rest. On those days you want to erase, take a "time-out" of your own & seek Him for wisdom and counsel. HE has much to say to us moms.

(3)Anxiety within - BROUGHT BEFORE HIM - will bring relief and joy
Fear creeps in so innocently until it completely takes over our mind. As a mommy, there are plenty of things to worry about but the Word declares that if I bring my baggage to Jesus I will find relief and joy. Satan whispers untrue thoughts into our minds and if we are not careful we can start to feel defeated. All the things we worry about with our kids can be cared for  on level ground when I obey and surrender then to Him. 

Have you "slipped" as a mommy lately?

HE wants to support you!

What anxious thought needs to be brought before Him today so you may 
experience relief and joy?

HE LOVES YOU MOMMY! HE SEES ALL YOU DO! Keep up
the good work! Don't give up! You ARE making an eternal impact 
as you invest in the life of your little one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment