Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Quiet Time....a MUST!

Be still, and know that I am God!
- Psalm 46:10 NLT

A few days ago I was challenged. As a mom. As a wife. As a believer. My husband asked me about my daily routine and how I could tighten it up with some sort of schedule.  I knew I needed one, especially with having the kids home all day with homeschooling.

Sidenote: It seems as my boys grow older, the more we need routine so the crazy can cease :) They need a break from releasing their energy in order to funnel it back into something productive. Love them much but it is definitely challenging at times to keep them busy and out of trouble.

In putting together a daytime schedule I found peace. Knowing what came next was awesome, and it even gave me some "free" time to read with a cup of coffee. Crazy, right? Yep I scheduled a "Quiet Time" for the boys and myself, where we read books for 30 minutes and then swap with the iPhone for a game for another 30 minutes. Beautiful. Needed. All because I scheduled in some quiet time.

The longer I am a mom the more I realize how important a "quiet time" is. Daily. A few times a day, where we can push pause on the mundane things we are doing and focus on Truth. Where we can be refreshed and revived, as mothering is an exhausting job at times. Rewarding but so exhausting.
It requires discipline. It requires sacrifice from those things that will pull us in another direction. As we sit down and meditate on His word or maybe sing out a few worship songs, throughout our day, it gives proper perspective and makes us a better Mommy.

What does QUIET TIME look like in your life?

What are some distractions you could eliminate during your day in order to devote a few more minutes to prayer, reading the Word and devotion?

Imagine what a great impact it would have on your ministry as a Mommy here on earth and eternally as well :)



No comments:

Post a Comment