Friday, October 25, 2013

All in One Beauty Creme

“All in one Beauty Crème!” that was my call to attention this morning as I walked through my parents kitchen.  Their early morning TV show was being interrupted by the latest advertisement for a product that promises to be a “one stop shop” for beauty.  What full blooded American woman wouldn’t stop and consider this to be the answer to…THEIR PRAYERS?

Here I am again, at every corner being asked to think about...my prayer life.
As I considered not too many posts back, I was looking at the young moms in my life.  I thought the only piece of advice I had then was “Go take a Nap!”  This post reflects what has been my personal admonition for the week…GO PRAY!

From the topic of my small group in South Florida to the college convocation I attended in Virginia – “Just Pray!” is the mantra. Even as I recorded my “prayers’ asking why there are relational struggles the Lord turned my hand to the New Living Translation of James 4: 1 – 3
“What is causing quarrels and fights among you?
Isn’t it the whole army of evil desires at war with you?
You want what you do not have, so you scheme and kill to get it.
You are jealous for what others have and you can’t possess it,
So you fight and quarrel to take it away from them.
And yet the reason you don’t have what you want is that
You don’t ask God for it!
And even when you do ask, you don’t get it because
Your whole motive is wrong,
You want only what will give you pleasure.”

Moms, the convocation speaker, author of ten books, pastor from Capitol Hill, Mark Batterson asked the thousands of students of Liberty University to unleash the power of prayer.  He challenged the audience to live in holy anticipation, saying “God can accomplish more in one day than we can in 100 lifetimes.”Pastor Mark encouraged me with the closing comment, “We are one prayer away from a different life!”

Moms please don’t give up!  From our vantage point we feel like we have to do more for the Lord. Be more for our husbands and children.  Prayer isn’t a one stop shop for living the Christian Life. However daily, we need to make prayer THE one stop that will lead to a Beautiful Life.

So your challenge today, go make yourself beautiful… PRAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment