Sunday, May 5, 2013


HOW WILL YOU BE PRAYING?

Matthew 7:7  “Ask, and it will be given to you, seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be given to you”

     Such a simple concept isn’t it? I have read this verse and wondered if it were really true. God isn’t some genie in a bottle, yet this verse insinuates all we need to do is ask. Can it really be that easy?

     I remembered this verse when my husband asked me a simple question a couple of weeks ago. He called me and simply asked, ”Hey, think of the things you have prayed for very specifically lately and tell me the last thing God didn’t answer?” I thought for about 10 minutes and I truly couldn’t come up with anything. I know there are ongoing daily prayers like: help me with my strongholds, continued safety for my family, provision, etc….but when it comes to specific requests God has truly been more then gracious in giving me what I want and need!!

     There is so much power in prayer!! Believe sister! Have faith and see the miracles that God still performs in your own life. Many of my friends and family are going through things that call for specific prayer right now and I can’t wait to see how God is glorified through the answering of these prayers being sent up!!

Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

     So my question to you mom is how are you praying? Are you taking advantage of the time you have in the throne room of God? Do you believe in His promises? Pray specifically today and see what HE will do in your life?

2 comments:

  1. I too am eager to see how God will show up in response to my specific prayers. I know he is faithful! Thank you for the reminder to look at His track record. :)

    ReplyDelete