Saturday, May 11, 2013

Much like the disciples


“Then Jesus said to them, ‘Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men.’” Mark 1:17

Much like the disciples had a “job” change when they met Jesus, we as moms have changed “jobs” too.  Our focus isn’t only on ourselves – although I’ve been learning lately that it’s not a bad idea to at least look in the mirror before leaving the house. J

Like Peter was ready to fight for Jesus in the garden at Gethsemane, we will fight for (or stick up for) our kids on the playground or the like.  Like John, the disciple “whom Jesus loved”, we have a deep love for our children and they have a great affection toward us too. 

Simply, we, like the disciples have been given a great task – to teach and preach Jesus to the watching eyes around us.  Yet, even though it looks like this job change looks so huge on our shoulders, we can rest on the promise Jesus gave us, that when He left us in the flesh, He sent the Holy Spirit to help and guide us.  Praise God!  Jesus also prayed for us and our kids too in John 17:20-26.  We’re covered!

Let’s sing along with our kids who know this great truth in a tune: 

Jesus is my best friend,

He’s always there for me.

Lord, thank You for my job change!  Thank You that You are here with me and You are guiding me by the Holy Spirit.  Thank You for being my best friend and for helping me guide my kids to know You.

No comments:

Post a Comment