Saturday, May 25, 2013

Enjoy the Moment

A cheerful heart is good medicine,
 but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
- Proverbs 17:22

For the past 10 days I have been completely out of my element. I am staying with my parents on the east coast awaiting the newest Seawell baby (because I stayed with my midwife even through our move across the state).  I miss my big comfty bed. I miss my husband (he is still working until we go into labor). I  miss being in my own home (thinking its the "nesting" thing too).  

It's a wild thing though, because sometimes when we are stripped of our normal, natural comforts the Lord shows us some hidden treasure that we were unaware of. While staying with my parents (who have served me and the kids so Christ-like while in their home) I have been laying down with the kids until they fall asleep. The "treasure" has been in those 20-30 minutes I have with them, in bed right before falling asleep, where they share those questions and thoughts they have about life. Those moments where their fears and joys come to light and I have had some of the sweetest conversations EVER. What a gift. One I will cherish always!

So thankful for the "treasure" in those simple yet memorable talks. Many I shared later (each night) on the phone with my husband. I have been so blessed all because we were out of our normal routine and placed in a new one. So grateful to be out of my element and reminded of how important those small, simple talks are! I just need to slow down more often and enjoy the moment.

Has your normal "schedule" been interrupted lately?

What do you think Jesus might be showing you?

No comments:

Post a Comment