Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Joy to the World

Joy to the world the Lord is come,
Let earth prepare her King.
Let every heart prepare Him room
And heaven and nature sing
And heaven and nature sing
And heaven and heaven and nature sing!

As I am writing, I'm still packing. But as you read this, I'll be flying home. I'm praising God for this time of hope, for this season of Advent anticipating His birth and soaking in the festivities that surround it all. I hope you are, too.

As much as I've tried writing about something that relates to all of us moms this week, I am being pulled to the words of Christmas hymns that I love. I hope you will take the time to read the words without music and soak in the glory of the season.

Hark the herald angels sing,
Glory to the newborn King!
Peace on earth and mercy mild
God and sinners reconciled.
Joyful, all ye nations, rise
Join the triumph of the skies.
With angelic hosts proclaim
Christ is born in Bethlehem.
Hark the herald angels sing,
Glory to the newborn King!

If you get a chance, listen to this song by Amy Grant on YouTube. It will bless you.


Oh Holy Night
The stars are brightly shining
It is the night of the dear Savior's birth.

Long lay the world
In sin and error pining
Till he appeared and the soul
Felt it's worth.

A thrill of hope
The weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new
And glorious morn!

Fall on your knees!
Oh hear the angel voices.
Oh night, divine
Oh night, when Christ was born.
Oh night, divine!
Oh night, divine!

It's amazing how these words fall on a different time, but the very same world in a condition that hasn't changed at all. To listen and be blessed, go to YouTube, Josh Groben.

Silent night
Holy night
All is calm
All is bright.

Round yon virgin
Mother and child
Holy infant
So tender and mild

Sleep in heavenly peace,
Sleep in heavenly peace.

Cooper was born around Thanksgiving, so every night I'd rock him, I would sing him Silent Night.

I pray that as this season approaches, you will sing to your kids.

If you need a resource beyond CD's or radio, there is a website (though I don't agree with the "x") that has a lot of songs we all know and love (xmasfun.com).

Have a blessed Christmas season with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment