Sunday, February 1, 2015

Don't Worry Be Happy

"Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." -Philippians‬ ‭4‬:‭6-8‬ NLT

What are you worrying about today?

Have you brought it before God, in prayer, asking for help?
God promises to give us peace when we do this in obedience :)

What is your mind consumed with? Any thoughts have you paralyzed with fear?
God reminds us of those thoughts that are from Him...

what is true
what is honorable
what is right
what pure
what is lovely
what isadmirable.

When my crazy thoughts exhaust me- I run it through the test above to see if it is the Lord or the enemy of my soul - whispering into my ear.

What part of the verse above spoke to you today?

Thank you Jesus that your word is alive and true!





1 comment:

  1. The other night Matthew came to my bedside in the middle of the night saying he had had a bad dream. I immediately thought of this verse - out of a dead sleep - and told him that God would have us think on these things...(I picked three from the verse). It goes for me too - when I get awakened by my own bad dream I need to remember this verse and say, "Lord, I am choosing to think on things that are noble, right, just..."

    ReplyDelete