Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Childlike Faith

(written by Ryan, my husband)

“At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?"  Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18:1-3

We hear this phrase often and all have imagined or come to some conclusion to what exactly Jesus meant by it...

At the dinner table the other day I was discussing with Matthew, our five year-old how Jesus in the book of Revelation says, "I stand at the door and knock, and if anyone answers I will come in and dine with him." I began to explain to our son that Jesus was talking about our heart and how He would like to come into our hearts and our life if we would accept Him… So Jesus is knocking on your heart and wants to come in... Matthew then asked, "Is that why my stomach hurts sometimes?"  With a big smile on my face I responded, “No son, that's not why your stomach hurts.”

Childlike faith is believing exactly what your Father tells you.  Are we believing every word our Savior is telling us? We should.  Our children are watching how we live and observing our belief in what God says in His word.  As it says in 1 Corinthians 11:1, "Imitate me as I imitate Christ".


Have you answered His knocking at the door of your heart?  If not yet but you’d like to, you can pray right where you are, right now!  God is listening for your voice to turn to Him and respond to His call.  

No comments:

Post a Comment