Wednesday, March 5, 2014

You look tired..

Not my favorite words to hear, but tonight, I didn't need anyone to say it.  I felt it!  I was weary and worn.  It had been a long day, it was after 9 and I had more 'to do.'  As I sat down to type this tonight, my computer failed me and took much longer than I would have liked to perform some updates that prevented me from getting started.  Frustrated, I stared at the time passing on my PC clock and realized I would be up late. 


It was all God.  He needed to slow me down long enough to hear from him.  He wanted to encourage me.  And, I'm so glad He did because it was just what my weary heart needed to hear! I pray it's what yours needs to hear, too.


As I waited, I prayed for strength, and for His words to encourage those of you who would read this.  But God knew I needed some encouraging first!  As I read Christine's post from yesterday, What You Do Matters, I knew God had heard my prayer.  He was listening. 


Next, God placed this verse on my heart.

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” - Matthew 11:28


Ahh, one of the most comforting and refreshing verses in the Bible, isn't it?  Yes, Lord, how I need rest right now!!


And then, this in a text from a friend...


My help and glory are in God
    —granite-strength and safe-harbor-God—
 (Psalm 62: 7-8, MSG)

God said this once and for all;
    how many times
Have I heard it repeated?
    “Strength comes
Straight from God.”


 Love to you, Lord God!
 You pay a fair wage for a good day’s work!
(Psalm 62:11-12, MSG)

Isn't God so awesome that HE provides not only rest, but strength, too?  I was surely in need of rest and strength tonight.  HE called me to HIMSELF and, when I asked for strength, HE reminded me that HE is the source of both rest and strength.  HE alone has an unlimited supply to pour out on our weary momma minds, bodies and souls whenever we need it.  All we have to do is ask. 

One of the things I love most about our God is that He often gives us even more than we ask for!  I asked for strength and He gave me that, but He also reminded me that He "pays a fair wage for a good day's work!" A need that I hadn't even articulated to Him, but He knew my heart.

 Moms, nothing you do goes unnoticed by our God.  He sees every sacrifice and He beams with pride every time you press on through exhaustion to meet a need, heal a hurt, or lend a hand, especially when He's the only one who noticed!  So carry on, super mommas, and continue to " Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.  Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ." (Colossians 3:23-24 NLT)






1 comment:

  1. Great blog Ingrid! Thank you for allowing me to see I am not alone! Those verses you shared are great for the many times I am too tired to finish my day because I am relying on my own strength! Also encouraging to remember He sees all and it matters! Thanks girl! Xo

    ReplyDelete