Saturday, January 11, 2014

Who's Holding You Accountable?



As moms we struggle. That's a staple no matter where you live, what language you speak, how many kids you have, or how long you've been a mom. As your kids grow...so do the challenges that walk alongside them.



At each stage, lessons are learned as my character is being built. I am going to be completely transparent here and share that I have been walking through a very tough season since having my third. Whoever said it gets easier with three TOTALLY lied :) I apologize now more regularly to my kids than ever before. I realize my need for Jesus and experience the beauty of His forgiveness daily.




For the past 6 years I have been blessed with a group of ladies who I trust and love that I am humbled to call "my friends". Each summer we have a reunion where we come and spend a weekend together to catch up. Most of us live in different cities, and some even in other states.  This Sunday I will venture into a new ministry with my "Mommy" friends. We plan to connect once a month on "Google Hang-out" (a program just like Skype). With the goal to hold each other accountable as we come and share what the Lord has been teaching us. A place where we can be transparent and trust that stuff shared will be kept in confidence.  I am so excited and thankful to have these ladies as well as time (once a month) that we can catch up and pray for each other. In this tough season, I need prayer. I need friends.

Who is holding you accountable?

Being a Mommy is tough. We fail. We need prayer. We need someone checking in to see how we are progressing through the season we are in. God made us for community.

If you don't have someone, pray HE provides you a friend/group of friends that you can entrust your struggles to and know they will be praying for you on the other end.


No comments:

Post a Comment