Sunday, January 19, 2014


Leap Of Faith

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.

We all take leaps of faith, wether we realize it or not.  Some may be obvious and others not so much.  Our family recently took a Giant leap of faith to an unknown area from a very comfortable place we’ve called home for the past 20 some years.  

I learned first hand when you pray to God you must be ready to go when and if He answers you in that way.  We have prayed for the past few years about the Lords will for us to move to Tennessee, until recently that answer has been no or wait on Me...  

Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary they shall walk and not faint.

One day a few months ago my husband came home from work and shared with me that he thought there may be an opportunity for him to have a job in the exact area we had been praying about moving too...  From that point on the Lord parted the way for us to move with His Sovereign Hands all over it.  We were thankful for this answered prayer but in the same breath we were feeling all sorts of emotions towards what and whom we were leaving behind.  

One morning in my quiet time before we moved I cried and prayed for the Lord to lovingly remind me that He was still in this move and to please show me just another little sign (my lack of faith).  You see during the few weeks prior to us moving we had been loved on by our friends so much so that it was making it really difficult to say goodbye.  I'm sure you all love your friends, I just adore mine! They are selfless, nurturing, encouraging, rare, in love with Jesus, and above all else, they are our family.  Our children have seen beautiful things through these families and made amazing friends which has been hard to leave behind.  Seeing my difficulty, my husband shared with me something one of his good friends told him and that was that just as the Lord has opened the door for us and paved a way for us to go, He too has something great planned for our children...  Wow!  What a relief, I didn’t have to figure it all out for them too. Sigh...  

So you may be wondering if the Lord answered my prayer and gave me a sign, He certainly did... Or at least I like to think it was for me. :)


So I ask you, what leap of faith is the Lord currently asking you to take with Him?  What is he asking you to trust Him with and are you?  

Lord Jesus we love you.  Please refresh us, be with us, help us to trust you with all of our decisions not only for ourselves but for our families as well.  Help us to trust you in uncertain times and believe that You work all things out for Your glory for those who love you.  Amen

1 Corinthians 2:9
No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment