Friday, October 28, 2011

Need I say more?

Image found here /325278258_w94iwuG9_c.jpg


So when will I learn?  I don’t know how many times in parenting I will have to be taught the same lesson!

Again, I am guilty.  Hearing only the first words of a childs explanation to what they did, and immediately start dispensing consequences to behaviors I “think” need correcting.

It happened again.  One of our girls started telling me about something she did, and before she got to the end of the situation, I start in with a reprimand.  As my reprimand was dispensed, she began her attempt to explain what I didn’t know. Before I heard all she was saying I proceeded with even more consequences.

Why can’t I just listen?  James 1: 19 says, “…be swift to listen and slow to speak, slow to become angry.”

This most recent episode of my own lack of self-control has lead me to search God’s Word on what my words should be.  Here are a few of the verses God has been using to correct my listening skills and my words.

Proverbs 18 :13 "He who answers before listening—that is his folly and his shame."

Proverbs 25: 11 "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver."

A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.

New Living Translation 
Timely advice is lovely, like golden apples in a silver basket.
New American Standard Bible 
Like apples of gold in settings of silver Is a word spoken in right circumstances.


Proverbs 16: 23 …and her lips promote instruction. 24 Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.


Need this Momma say more?




No comments:

Post a Comment