Friday, May 1, 2015

Exceedingly Mothering

This week I have recognized my parenting leverage could improve by implementing what I know to do as a wife.   That’s right.  I believe the greatest way to be the best mom is by loving our children’s dad.


         The verse I have been meditating on this week is from Ephesians 5: 33, which says, “The wife must respect her husband.” RESPECT, hum…


         The Amplified Bible says, “Let the wife see that

She respects

And reverences her husband

(That she…

notices him,

regards him,

honors him,

prefers him,

venerates,

and esteems him;

and that she defers to him,

praises him,

and loves 

and admires him

EXCEEDINGLY.)


         I’ve been evaluating this list…not thinking I would get a passing grade on most of these.  I have been practically choosing a couple each day to define and apply in our marriage.


         Although, I recognize I’m falling short everyday, my husband is making comments on how I’m treating him.  It is interesting to see how he is responding to me as I intentionally consider what would it practically look like for me to notice him, regard him or prefer him.


         My attempts at noticing him include; welcoming him home and stopping what I am doing while he talks to look him in the eyes.  Trying to “regard him” has caused me to think more intentionally about what he wants and by asking him what he wants or needs. Preferring him..as compared to MY own agenda, desires and plans to what He may want or desire. 


         Ladies this isn’t rocket science.  This is being a student of our husbands and making application of what God says.  I challenge you to be in God’s Word. Allow Him to teach, convict and direct you to obey and exceedingly live out His Words. By living out His Words we will become the best mom for our children and the best wife for our husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment