Saturday, April 18, 2015

"Called to Lead These Little People" by Courtney Hrinik

The LORD told Joshua,
 “Today I will begin to make you a great leader
 in the eyes of all the Israelites. 
They will know that I am with you,
 just as I was with Moses."

 - Joshua‬ ‭3‬:‭7‬ NLT

- Joshua had to obey the call to leadership first before God made him a great leader.

- "Today" God was just beginning to make Joshua a great leader, when he'd already been leading the Israelites.

- It was God who made Joshua a great leader.

- It was in the eyes of the people Joshua was leading that God would make him great.

- God would make Joshua a great leader in their eyes, not by displaying anything special or worthy about Joshua, but by showing the Israelites that He, God, was with Joshua.

A great leader is made by God because of who God is, not the person!

This spoke to me this morning as a mom.  God has called me to lead these little people :-). And it is by displaying his glory in me, not my flesh, that will make them see me as a "Great Leader" and learn respect and honor.

Father God, help me to respond to my children, always, in your Spirit and not in my flesh. May "Today" be the day that You begin to make me a great leader in their eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment