Thursday, April 16, 2015

"Busy" by Stacey Wooddell Imbimbo


Parenting is a spiritually significant and weighty responsibility that we cannot do apart from God.
We desperately need Him every day, and in order to be a parent that points are children to Jesus, we need to have a relationship with him.
If you are a stay-at-home mom, working mom, soccer mom, homeschool mom, and the list can go on and on, your life is hectic.
But, there is nothing more important in your day then to spend time with Jesus.
I know it is so evident in my parenting when I don’t make Him my priority. I find myself getting frustrated quickly and losing my patience. My words are short to not only my children but also my husband.
I have missed the whole point if I find myself too busy for God, for then I am far busier than He ever created me to be.
I try to make time for Him all day, not just a specific scheduled time.
Talk to Him all day, not just praying with your kiddos before meals or bed, pray for a good parking space at the beach, or pray to find that lost toy.
Read the Word. This does not have to be a super spiritual, micro managed time in your day. Keep a bible opened on your kitchen counter or in the bathroom. Read a verse or two with your kids at breakfast. Hide His word in your heart. 
Memorize a scripture each week. This can be really fun to do with your kids, or sometimes I write a verse on the bathroom mirror for myself.
Moms lets be the brightest light in our children’s lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment