Friday, January 2, 2015

Wanted!

            I have so enjoyed our Christmas break.  After traveling during our Thanksgiving break, being home and not having our typical routines has been a joy.  It’s been the first time in (I don’t know when) that every piece of laundry has been washed, dried, ironed, folded and put away. I’m reading two books and my journaling is caught up.
            Before you get jealous, our tree is still up and there are plenty of other chores that need to be completed.  However, our children have requested we be with them.  I have gone to see Annie and A Night in the Museum, played “Catch Phrase!” gone shopping with our youngest, had dinner with the eldest and braided hair of our daughter in law.
            Tonight, our son and daughter in law fly in from their week away at eleven pm.  All of you who know me, know I’m of little good after 8:30pm.  Drew and Kacie want all of us to pick them up.  I don’t know how I will have enough strength to stay awake to get them, but because they asked, you can bet I’ll be there!
            I am reminded of the song “Cat’s in the Cradle.”  No, I didn’t understand the song when I was growing up, but as an adult, I so understand it!  I don’t want to say, “No” to their desire to be with me.  We can’t always say, “Yes, I’ll join your play.”  But while I can, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment