Monday, January 12, 2015

"Hope" by Stacey Wooddell Imbimbo



This is the verse that I wrote on our kitchen’s chalkboard for this month.
To be honest, I found this cute print on Pinterest and it was easily copied to my chalkboard.
This verse has continued to be a great reminder in this New Year.
The dictionary’s definition of HOPE is a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
Moms, how often do you have hope?
I know that every night before I fall asleep I HOPE my children will sleep in past 6:30.
As I prepare their breakfast I HOPE that they eat it and that is last longer than 15 minutes, before the inevitable question “May I have a snack?”
I HOPE that they play well, share their toys, and love each other throughout the day.
I HOPE that they have compassion for others. I HOPE that they choose joy.
I could go on and on….and I’m sure you could too. 
I believe that I will always HOPE the best for them, isn’t that what moms do?
But you know what is GREATER than our hope as moms? 
The HOPE that is found in Jesus.
The word HOPE is found in the bible over 120 times…must be important!
In the Bible, HOPE is the confident expectation, the sure certainty that what God has promised in the Word is true.
Hope is synonymous with Salvation and the many blessings with it.
Romans 8:24-25 For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one also hope for what he sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.
Today, rest in the fact that He is our one and only HOPE…no matter how easy or hard your days are.
Go ahead and write this promise in your journal, or your bathroom mirror, or your own chalkboard.



No comments:

Post a Comment