Saturday, November 22, 2014

Your PAIN... Your PASSION

This week in Bible study we are studying the book of James, and the DVD message camped on: 

James 1:2-3 ESV
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have it's full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Beth Moore made a point that stood out in my mind...
"Many times your PAIN turns into your PASSION"
She shared that she was abused as a child and how that pain  catapulted her to be a voice for others who have been abused as well. Encouraging others with the comfort she found in the Lord.

I started thinking about how beautiful that statement was. How true it is in my own life. How redeeming is our God,  that in His sovereignty, can use my pain for another's gain. I pondered my own life, of having a child with special needs, and how those struggles have birthed a "passion" to start a small group for moms who have similar struggles. Ministry from the freedom of transparency. Allowing my hurts to help another. 

All praise to the God and Father of our Master, Jesus the Messiah! Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us. We have plenty of hard times that come from following the Messiah, but no more so than the good times of his healing comfort - we get a full measure of that, too. 
- 2 Corinthians 1:3-5 MSG

God's plan is perfect. He is a good God, who knows how I can best represent Jesus, and gives me opportunities to do so. The pain is never fun. It's not easy. But if we can turn it into a passion that allows others to be refreshed through our hurt, it reminds us of His plan that is far beyond what we see or know. Ministry opportunities weaved into the crazy of our life. As we open our eyes and allow Him to use us, we are reminded of His goodness.

What is a pain you can turn into your passion? 

Has there been times in your life where God has used your hurts to encourage another? 

"What happened to me, has turned into my deliverance." - Beth Moore

You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever! - Psalm 30:11-12

1 comment:

  1. UH! James 1:2-3 is so for me!! Thanks for posting. God's word is so pure and cleansing!!

    ReplyDelete