Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sweeter than Honey

I was in the kitchen, at the stove stirring something and heard the familiar call, “Mommy” but this time it was different.  It wasn’t demanding my attention, as if there were blood shed or as if the little voice was going to follow it up with, “may I have….”  It was like music.  It was like hearing the holy voice of God reminding me, “You’re a mommy”. 

After having two children, you’d think this wouldn’t be stunning news, but sinking in the fact that I’m a mommy is, for me like digging for China in the sand.  I don’t know when I’m going to totally grasp the fullness of it.  If the voices of our little ones saying, “Mommy” are so sweet like honey to our ears, how much sweeter is the voice of our God through the pages of His word, the Bible? 

Just knowing, I’m saved, going to heaven, REDEEMED, free and secure verses being alone, confused, lost, and without hope... is huge!  Sometimes we don’t live as those saved, redeemed, secure but alas, we have hope, we have life, we have the Holy Spirit helping, guiding and leading us.  Let’s lean on Him, trust in Him and listen to Him through the word of God.

What a gift each mom receives when a little hand holds hers back… that’s like us going along on God’s path for us.

“Help me, O LORD my God! Oh, save me according to Your mercy, That they may know that this is Your hand – That You, LORD, have done it!” Psalm 109:26-27

“…The LORD is gracious and full of compassion. …. Holy and awesome is His name. …The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.” Psalm 111, selected verses.

“As for every man to whom God has given riches and wealth, and given him power to eat of it, to receive his heritage and rejoice in his labor – this is the gift of God.  For he will not dwell unduly on the days of his life, because God keeps him busy with the joy of his heart.”  Ecclesiastes 5:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment