Sunday, June 23, 2013

Praise Him

Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky -Philippians 2:14-15

My son, James, has amazing perspective on life. He always remembers the positive and makes mention of it. He can pull out the good in any situation.

He forgives tons as I make mistakes in parenting. Full of grace and easily lets go of mistakes made against him. Sometimes it's his sweet prayer before bed, or at dinner when we ask him to lead our family in prayer. He always remembers to thank God for the good in his day.

His little heart is grateful and it's contagious. I want to be like that, having a disposition that looks to praise my Heavenly Father daily instead of grumbling about the crazy I encountered.

There have been days where my child has been in trouble more times than not, yet praise flows from his lips. I love his perspective to allow the good to be remembered and the bad to be lost.

Would your friends/family characterize you as one who GRUMBLES ABOUT THE CRAZY or CHOOSES TO PRAISE GOD FOR THE GOOD found in your day?

I want to choose to tell my Heavenly Father how grateful I am for the little blessings HE places in my path each day. When I grow up I want to be just like my son :)

I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.  -Psalm 16:7

No comments:

Post a Comment