Saturday, June 15, 2013

Little Girl Lost


Matthew 5:44
But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

She smiled and laughed as most little girls do.  She played with dolls and toys and friends and to everyone else she appeared to be happy.  But inside this little girl was sadness.  Her mommy and daddy were always fighting and the drug abuse had gotten out of control.  So at age 5 this little girl was told she was going to go live with her Grandparents because her Mommy and Daddy needed help...  

For the next two years she lived with her grandparents. Her grandparents did the best they could, but no one could replace her parents, as messed up as they were.  During this time her parents had gotten a divorce...  At age 7 her parents had completed their drug rehabilitation and she was able to move in with her mom.  Although everyone thought moving back in with her was the best idea, this is when the child saw and experienced things no child should ever see or experience.  

During these years the little girl got to see and spend time with her daddy and his new wife and children.  Eventually the new wife came to know the Lord and starting praying for all of them.  Soon the little girls Daddy got saved too.  

I will spare you all the details of the pain and poor decisions this child made as a teen and adult later in life.  But what I will point out to you is this, this child was prayed for.  People reached out to her.  Family and friends and strangers took the time to share the gospel with this child.  This child was me... and I am writing this blog as a living testimony that you are praying to a very real and personal God and prayers are being answered.    

You see, many people didn’t like me because I was covering up my hurting with hardness.  I was your enemy and your persecutor.  I was someone who you wouldn’t have naturally wanted to get close to (Bring anyone to mind)?  Only Christ in people can love the unlovable.  It takes effort on our behalf to reach out to those who may not be so desirable and pray for them...  because of those prayers and people reaching outside of their comfort zone, my life was changed forever and so were many generations to come...

My challenge to you: Who has God placed in your life who has persecuted you?  Who in your children's  lives can you take the time to love who may not be so lovable?  Whose life can you change for generations to come?

My prayer: Lord Jesus open our eyes to see others as you do.  Help us to love the unlovable, serve the undesirable, and pray fervently for the salvation of the lost. 

Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for Me.
Matthew 25:40

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful testimony, Fran! It wasn't just your life and future generations in your own family who's lives were changed, but mine, too, and the lives of many who know you, especially those of us blessed to have experienced Jesus in you and through you. So far and wide is his reach, made possible by faithful servants like you who bring His love to others. Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fran for sharing a picture of God's amazing glory as He shines in your life. It is beautiful what God can do with mess and the encouragement he can give. Thank you for that reminder of the power of prayer. Love you friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed that reminder thanks Fran!! I was that same girl and I am so refreshed by you! I second what Ingrid and Courtney said! Love you!

    ReplyDelete