Thursday, June 13, 2013

Even Here


“I,even I, am The Lord, and apart from me there is no savior.  I have revealed and saved and proclaimed – I, and not some foreign god among you.  You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “that I am God.”  Isaiah 43:11-12

“I, even I, am The Lord” here, right now, in this moment and every one that follows and all those that came before. “I am Lord.”  This is what I heard as I read through Isaiah 43 and it gets better.

“I, even I, am The Lord.”  Here!  He has redeemed me, summoned me by name, called me His. He is with me through the waters and doesn’t let the rushing current of the river sweep over me.  When I walk through the fires of life He doesn’t let them set me ablaze.

Yes, “I, even I, am The Lord” here!  Redeemer, savior, encourager, protector, provider.  He calls me precious and honored. He loves me, He formed me, He created me and made me for His glory.  For His glory!

"I, even I, am the Lord” here in this mess!  He is doing new things.  “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not percieve it?  I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.” (vs 18-19)

And even though I have burdened Him with my sins and wearied Him with my offenses (vs 24).  YES “I, even I, am The Lord” here!  The Lord  who blots out my transgressions, for His own sake and remembers my sins no more (vs 25).

He is The Lord in every area of my life...the good, the bad, and the ugly. There is nothing He can’t
do, or place He can’t go – wherever “here” is for me, even there, He is Lord!

Father God, help me to remember you are here and you are Lord in every moment of my day. Whether it is at the height of happiness and blessing or the struggles with disobedient children and a tired mama. Even in that moment, right here... wherever I am, You are Lord!  Always Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment