Saturday, June 29, 2013

Go and Glean

As iron sharpens iron,
    so a friend sharpens a friend. 
         - Proverbs 27:17


This week was such a refreshing one. With Quinn only a month old, my time with friends has been very rare. I decided to enroll my oldest in Vacation Bible School and took my other two out on some much-needed play dates. I am so grateful for those 10 hours this week. I needed it. The Holy Spirit used my sweet girlfriends to encourage and uplift me. In "normal" conversation about life and training up our little ones, they reminded me how valuable it is to have sisters in the Lord. Each time I am with them the Lord teaches me new things about parenting.  I see what they do and am able to glean from them. I leave renewed and hopeful for the future.

Have you gotten out lately and been refreshed by friends? Get out. Even if everything in you says you can't. You need to. Allow the Lord to use your friends to remind you of truth. It is powerful and life changing. Just do it! Go and glean!





No comments:

Post a Comment