Sunday, June 2, 2013

LIFE VERSE

What are they talking about? What in the world is a 'life verse'? 

       I had never heard this phrase about 10 years ago. I heard more and more people give me their 'life verse' and I remember being curious to what gave them the ability to have a 'life verse'? As my relationship with Jesus grew I realized He spoke to my heart through many verses. In certain times of my life a verse would keep coming up and in others there would be one that I held on to for a long period of time. 

      When I first began to walk with Jesus I had faced much tragedy in a small period of time. My 'life verse' was:

 Psalm 34:18- God is near to the broken hearted , He saves those who are broken in Spirit

      I looked at that verse a few years ago and knew though this verse is close to my heart I can't call this my life verse. I found myself drawn to another verse that seemed to suit my heart better after God had done some redeeming:

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. -2 Corinthians 10:35

     I don't think life verses are a necessity but I personally feel God draws us near to specific verses that He may want us to memorize, focus on, and keep in our heart. It may be for a season of your life or it may be the one you apply and memorize for your entire life. 

    So do you have a life verse? It's fine if you don't but pray and seek God and His word and see if there is something He wants to imprint on your heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment