Saturday, July 18, 2015

The Fruit of Our Words

As parents we find ourselves at times rolling on the floor laughing at the funny things our kids say!  However, there are other times when we hear the awful things kids say that leave us with a different taste in our mouths.

"But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”  Matthew 12:36-37

I was working in our kitchen listening to the playful conversation between brother and sister in the playroom when all of a sudden Jordan said something that sounded so condescending to her big brother.  And then I realize it sounded a lot like how I talk to her at times. God tugged on your heart and said, “It doesn’t sound good coming out of your mouth either, My daughter.” It left me humbled, feeling so ugly with my words to my sweet daughter!  When this happened I found myself like the mom on the movie “A Christmas Story”, putting the bar of soap in her own mouth.


"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment