Monday, December 22, 2014

"Happy Birthday Jesus!" by Stacey Wooddell Imbimbo



I clearly remember turning the calendar to Dec 1st.  I was so excited about the possibilities with my family this month.
I had so many ideas, thoughts and great anticipation on how magical I could make this Christmas season.
I mean, how fun to be the mom who gets to plan out all these fun filled activities, and come up with my own traditions.
I searched online for all the fun Christmassy things to do in our town.
Found cute crafts to make, got all the Christmas movies out, piled the Christmas books, and searched for advent calendars.
So…here I am days away from CHRISTMAS Day….and I look back on December, I didn’t get to half of it.
And you know what…..its ok!
I started thinking about what I remembered from my family traditions growing up.
It was really the simple things.
Extended family enjoying brunch on Christmas morning, complete with coffee cake and grape juice; which I drank in a blue Fenton glass.
My dad reading the Christmas story from Luke 2; some years my siblings and I memorizing it and had to recite it before present time.
Waiting patiently at the top of the stairs, while every grown up went downstairs to get ready for the presents.
Going to grandma and grandpa’s house for Christmas dinner.
Wonderful Memories!
So, as we enjoy this wonderful holiday this week, may we focus on celebrating Jesus, and sharing His love with others.
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment