Wednesday, December 24, 2014

All Wrapped Up at Christmas-time

One day last week I was all stressed out, doing work stuff on the computer, trying to manage the children’s needs, hungry, and the list went on.  I felt so bad that I had to be so focused on the computer rather than giving the kids my full attention.  However, in a moment of clarity I looked at Matthew, our soon-to-be five year-old and said, “I just want you guys to know the real meaning of Christmas…” 

Matthew’s birthday is three days after Christmas so the thrill of getting gifts must be on his mind.  A little while after my “real meaning of Christmas” statement, Matthew came up to me all excited with one of his favorite cars that he made with daddy and said, “Mommy, Mommy!!  Since its Jesus’ birthday shouldn’t WE give Him gifts?!!”  He said this like a bright light had just gone on in his beautiful head.  So I chose to let him and our three year-old daughter go for it!  Cutting paper, wrapping and TAPING.

“In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.”  Luke 10:21



Since then I’ve noticed a few other toys have shown up under the tree with just a bow on them.  Matthew is the “bow-guy”.  If a present I’m wrapping for a friend needs a bow, I know I can call on him to get the job done.  He gets excited to help and a sense of accomplishment too.

“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.’” John 14:6


It’s all about Jesus.  Instead of us getting all wrapped up in making everything just perfect, let’s focus on the perfect One – Jesus and get all wrapped up in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment