Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Unguarded Boastful Lips

But, “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”  2 Corinthians 10:17

I’ve found myself boasting a lot lately.  To anyone I’ll boast about my kids and how they are doing academically or about something they’ve said or done.  But afterwards I’ve noticed that the conversation dies and I’m left feeling empty and convicted.  The Bible clearly says not to boast in anything else but the Lord.  While we are obviously proud mommas of the kids God has given to us let us not be filled with pride but give Him honor and glory for what He is doing.


Let’s guard our lips so we can be humble messengers of the awesomeness of our God boasting only of who Jesus is and what He has done.  Hey, the conversation could lead to salvation for the hearer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment