Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Spinning in the Spirit!

"Hey Mom, where is my tooth brush?"  The sound of my daughters query reminded me our family is once again on the move.  Moving can upset even the most basic of daily duties.  How are things this summer in your house?  My family and I are going through a HUGE transition.  My husband's position changed at work, freeing him up to work anywhere.  After much prayer, we decided it was best to move closer to family...across the country! We made the journey from the West just 3 short years ago answering a specific call from our Lord here in Florida.  And here we are again...  anyone of you who has every moved knows what I am saying. In addition to moving our home, we are also transitioning the ministry we serve. 

 On top of those platefuls, we are  planning a thrilling 45 day car tour of the USA sharing our ministry with other churches!  This GRAND ADVENTURE is actually our "once in a lifetime" trip to combine ministry and great family bonding!
All of these things in and of them self are good things...fun things... the right things... but when you stack them all together and forget to take your Focus Formula with your vitamins... it's a lot! (cue the violins).

As I shared with someone the other day there are moments it feels like every possible thing in my life is in the air and spinning around my head... the Lord gave me the vision of a beautiful ballerina spinning around and around effortlessly and elegantly.  The trick is that she keeps her eyes fixed on a point.  This keeps her from wobbling and falling.  

I, too, need to moment by moment keep my eyes fixed on my Savior!  By praying over every decision and leaving the outcome to Him, I too, can move effortlessly and elegantly through this transition.  So can you!  Let's try your best, together, in each our respective seasons to keep our eyes FIXED ON JESUS!

Hebrews 12:2 says:
 "...fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. "

No comments:

Post a Comment