Wednesday, June 17, 2015

"By His Grace" By Fran Maynard




So it is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a special place in my heart.  You share with me the special favor of God, both in my imprisonment and in defending and confirming the truth of the Good News.  phillipians 1:7

My family right now is having the blessing and opportunity to be a host home to 3 camp counselors for Camp In The City at our church.  This past weekend as they were all recognized and prayed over I watched with tears in my eyes at the young men and women who choose to spend their summer traveling from city to city to serve our children and the Lord with their time and talents.  The beauty of a child's love for the Lord always amazes me.  

You see I did not grow up like this, maybe you can relate?  I did not have the innocence these young adults have.  Nor did I grow up knowing and loving the Lord.  However, by God’s Grace, our God made himself known to me and to my husband and because of this our children get to experience a life knowing His great love.  How wonderful to know that our family story has been forever changed.    

My prayer is that we do not take this Gospel gift lightly.  Lord GOD please give us a heart for the lost and opportunities to share Your Great Love with them.  Let our lives and actions reflect a BOLDNESS in Your name and our love be so evident it draws people to You.  In the mighty name of Jesus we pray, Amen.   

Even though I am a free man with no master, I have become a slave to all people to bring many to Christ.  1 Corinthians 9:19


Challenge:  Read Philippians 1 and meditate as you experience Paul’s heart to his fellow believers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment