Tuesday, March 8, 2016

REAL ALERT!

SO...we have been waiting on God for a specific issue for what seems like decades.  Recently, my flesh has been wanting out.  "I didn't ask for it," I don't wanna do it," "Are you really going to do it?" "I know You can do it, but WILL You do it?" all race through my brain daily.

In my sane moments, I know this issue we wait on is for His glory, I know its for the furtherance of His kingdom, and I know there is no reason why He wouldn't answer.

He has given us encouraging scripture along the way, and yet my flesh wants this trial over!

Today, I woke up with my busy thoughts, determined to keep moving forward (moving helps me to not over think) and I saw through the crack in the bathroom door, my hair tousled husband,  roll out of bed and to his knees in seeking God.   I was overwhelmed with humility and gratefulness all at the same time.  This is why I married this man.  He reminds me to keep going to the foot of the cross where all is made right.  God loves humility and He wants us to depend on Him for everything.  He tells us to keep seeking with persistent-widow like tenacity.

So, here I go, back to the powerful, hopeful, healing, foot of the cross! Thank You, Jesus, for Your grace and mercy!

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thess 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment