Sunday, September 6, 2015

Storms?...Be Still and Know

Due to Tropical Storm Erika we were hit with thunder and lightning storms that ran over us rather quickly.  One morning I woke up at 3 a.m. to one of these storms and wondered if my kids would get scared.  So I went into their room to offer comfort but everyone was peacefully asleep.  So I went back to bed, yet still keeping an ear very attentive just in case I heard the smallest whimper from either of them.  I wanted to be right there for them the instant fear showed on their sweet little brows.  I wouldn’t want them to go through any length of time where I wasn’t aware of their fear…so I laid there listening…. (The kids’ room is all the way across the house – through the maze of the kitchen counters and living room couches…zig zag, zig zag…) … listening…. And then the AC came on and I couldn’t hear a thing!! 


The storm passed.  And as I laid there at 3:45 a.m. I notice that it was still quiet in our home because everyone was still sleeping (except ME).  Of course I was still thinking but this time of our Heavenly Father who is always there to comfort us in the storms of our lives.  He listens to our silent prayers; is there to catch our tears and store them in a jar; holds us up when we stumble and fall.  He is the One who is there the very moment of our fear, the tiniest quivered lip He takes note of and He is there to wrap us up in His arms of love, fill us up with love, joy, peace (the whole fruit basket!).  He can even hear perfectly through all the chaos around us.
No matter when, where, how – how loud, how soft, how many words, how few words… Cry out to God in your time of need, Momma.  He is already there.


(For a little extra: I looked up “storm” on a Bible search program and it gave me Nahum 1:3… “The LORD is slow to anger and great in power, And will not at all acquit the wicked. The LORD has His way In the whirlwind and in the storm, And the clouds are the dust of His feet.”  Think about that. He’s got this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment